New Fraud Prevention
VISA or our Fraud Secure company may contact you to verify that the purchase you are trying to make is legitimate and is not fraudulent. This alert might be through a phone call, text, email, or all three. This is a new product that we have implemented to help prevent fraudulent activity. Please bear with us as the new system's artificial intelligence learns your debit card behaviors and trends. Fraud Secure might ask for more personal information than what you are used to. They are legitimate but you are not required to give them your social security number (SSN) or full debit card number. Never provide your SSN or card numbers, other than the last four digits, unless you are speaking directly to a WinSouth representative.
Visa® Debit Card Cancellation or Disputes
Please call 1-833-935-1405 to:
- Cancel or turn off your debit card
- Report your debit card lost or stolen
- File a debit card dispute
- If you've had fraudulent charges to your account
To activate a card or change a PIN: call 1-800-992-3808
Visa® Credit Card Cancellation or Support
Credit Card Customer Service: 800-477-0227
Credit Card Fraud Service Center: 1-800-600-5249
To report a lost or stolen credit card, 24 hours a day, seven days a week call: 800-991-4961
eZcard Support (Website Support) call: 866-604-0380
Score Card Reward Help Desk: 800-854-0790
To put your credit or debit card on travel notice: 800-757-7302 (press 2 for card services during regular business hours) or email [email protected]. Make sure to include the following in the email.
- Phone number
- Account number
- The last four digits of your card number
- Travel dates
- The location that you will be traveling to
Steps To Take If You've Had Fraudulent Activity On Your Checking Account:
1.) Cancel your card and submit your fraudulent activity claims to Visa by calling 1-833-935-1405
3.) Get a new debit card. You can pick up your new debit card at any of our offices that offer instant issue debit cards. If you're not in a hurry, you can call and have them order you one that will arrive between five and seven days. Just call your local branch.
All of our locations offer instant issue debit cards. If you would like your debit card mailed to you, please call your local branch.
Set Up VISA Purchase Alerts on Your Debit and Credit Cards for an Extra Layer of Security.
Through Visa® Purchase Alerts, WinSouth debit and credit cardholders can receive purchase alerts via text or email for eligible Visa® Cards. All you have to do is create an account.
- Security: Receive alerts for transactions in real-time and catch potential fraudulent activity before it goes too far.
- Control: Track spending
- Convenience: Customizable alerts through SMS text or email.
Follow the steps below to enroll:
- Visit VISA's website here.
- Check to see if your card is eligible*.
- Register your mobile device and email to receive Visa® Purchase Alerts.
- Choose the notifications that match your needs, such as transactions exceeding a set amount.
*Not all card issuers will allow cards for SMS message alerts. Message and data rates may apply.